The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") gives California residents certain rights with regard to the information 7-Eleven has collected about them effective January 1, 2020.
There are six rights related to 7-Eleven:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you. You may request a short report that describes the categories of personal information collected about you and the purposes for collecting that information. If you would know to know more, you may request an expanded report that describes the categories of personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of third parties with whom 7-Eleven shares personal information and the specific pieces of personal information 7-Eleven has collected about you (These reports are only available twice in a 12-month period.)
- The right to know what personal information is sold or disclosed for a business purpose over the past year. You may request the categories of personal information sold or disclosed about you for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom it is being sold or disclosed over the past year. (This report is only available twice in a 12-month period.)
- The right to access to your personal information (You can request access to the data that we have available about you going back for a 12-month period following your verifiable request.)
- The right to request the deletion of personal information collected about you for the past year (Please note that we will not delete data that is necessary to complete a transaction you initiated or that is used for our internal purposes.)
Exercising Your Rights To Know, Access, Deletion, and Opt-Out Rights
To exercise your rights to know, access, deletion, and opt-out rights described above, please submit a request to us by either:
- Clicking on the below links. Note to exercise your rights to know and/or access, please hit the "Tell Me What You Have" link below.
- Calling us at 1-866-467-8688 (Use Service Code 711)
Please note, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. Only you, or an agent authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. We may require the authorized agent acting on your behalf to provide written permission of your authorization and require that you verify your identity directly with us unless you have provided the agent with power of attorney. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
In order to verify your consumer request, you must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized agent.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity, or identity of the agent authorized to make the request, and confirm that the personal information relates to you.