Mystery Slurpee Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The “Mystery Slurpee Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes") begins on or about Wednesday, April 10, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is 7-Eleven, Inc., 3200 Hackberry Road, Irving TX 75063 (“Sponsor”). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Creative Zing Promotion Group, 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, FL 32789 ("Administrator"). The Sponsor and Administrator shall collectively be referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities”. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Instagram.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents physically residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years of age at time of entry and who meet all other requirements (“Entrant”). Eligible Entrants who are under the legal age of majority in their state of primary residence (“Minor”) should obtain their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate. Employees of Sweepstakes Entities, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (“Warner Bros.”), Legend Pictures, LLC (“Legendary”), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, agencies, shareholders, officers, directors, members, successors, agents and assigns, together with the Immediate Family Members and/or Household Members of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether or not related; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
1.) Instagram Entry: Entrant must be a registered user of Instagram. Registration on Instagram is free and can be obtained at www.instagram.com. The Entrant’s Instagram account must be set to public, not private.
During the Sweepstakes Period, the Entrant must: 1.) Log into his or her Instagram account; 2.) Follow @Slurpee on Instagram; 3.) Post a photo, video, or gif of himself or herself; 4.) Guess the three (3) flavors in the Mystery Slurpee; and 5.) Include the flavor guess along with #MysterySlurpee, #Sweepstakes, and #DetectivePikachu (the “Required Hashtags”) in the caption of the post, not in the comments. The post along with the post content shall collectively be referred to as the “Submission”. The Required Hashtags must be included in the caption for an entry to be valid. Entries cannot be posted as Instagram stories. Submissions must be received by 11:59:59 pm PT on May 21, 2019.
The Submission must:
- Include the Required Hashtags;
- Include the Mystery Slurpee flavors guess (guess is for entertainment purposes only; guess does not have to be correct);
- Be wholly original to Entrant and Entrant must have the rights, title and interest necessary to utilize the Submission for the Sweepstakes in compliance with these Official Rules;
- Be in accordance with the Content Restrictions listed below; and
The Submission must NOT:
- Contain commercial or corporate logos, advertising, brand names, artwork, insignia or slogans, other than those of the Sponsor and used in accordance with these Official Rules;
- Include prominent mention or depiction of any copyrighted material (including but not limited to music, video games, films, books, television programming, etc.) and must not infringe on any third-party trademarks;
- Contain material which is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating, discriminatory, illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
- Contain material that infringes or violates any applicable laws or regulations or any right of a third party including: (1) patent, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (2) right of privacy or publicity; or (3) any confidentiality obligation;
- Include individuals from whom Entrant has not obtained permission to display such individual’s likeness or any other identifying features in connection with the Submission; and
- Submissions must NOT contain any derogatory references to any Sweepstakes Entities.
IMPORTANT: Entrant’s Submission may appear in the Sponsor’s social media stream. If Entrant does not want his or her Submission to be made public, he or she should not enter the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to request that an Entrant edit or completely remove any content that may intentionally or unintentionally violate the Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities will determine in their sole discretion which Entries have satisfied the eligibility requirements. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Sweepstakes entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Without in any way limiting the effect of the rest of these Official Rules, any Entrant who incorporates any intellectual property owned by a third party into his or her Submission without written permission is solely responsible for any such use of the intellectual property and such Submission shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
2.) Mail-In Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without using Instagram or tasting the mystery flavor, eligible Entrants must legibly handwrite (in ink) their name, address, phone number, date of birth, and email address on a 3” x 5” index card. Mail-in entries must be received in accordance with the guidelines set forth below.
- Each mail-in entry must be in a separate envelope and each must be mailed separately. Photocopied or mechanically-reproduced entries are not eligible.
- Mail-in entries must be postmarked by May 21, 2019 and received by May 27, 2019.
- Mail-in entries will not be returned or acknowledged.
- Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage-due mailed entries.
Mail-In Entry Address:
Creative Zing / Mystery Slurpee Sweepstakes
PO Box 547370
Orlando, FL 32854-7370
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON FOR THE DURATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, REGARDLESS OF THE METHOD OF ENTRY. Entries in excess of the limit may result in disqualification of the Entrant. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations, logins, and/or any other methods will void such Entrant's entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the social media account associated with the entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the natural person in whose name the email account associated with the entry was opened. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about May 28, 2019, the potential winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes Period. Within approximately two (2) business days of the drawing date, each potential winner will be notified. If a potential winner entered via Instagram, he or she will initially be contacted either by direct message or a public facing comment to obtain his or her email address. If a potential winner entered via Mail-In Entry, such potential winner will be notified at the email address provided with the Mail-In Entry.
Each potential winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within two (2) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. Each potential winner (or the parent or legal guardian if the potential winner is a Minor) will be required to verify address, sign, and return within two (2) days of initial notification one or more forms covering eligibility, liability, advertising and (unless prohibited by law) publicity rights and such other documents as Sponsor or Administrator may provide (collectively, “Prize Acceptance Forms”). Failure to complete or return the Prize Acceptance Forms within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. Sweepstakes Entities, in their sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If a prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, such prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, if applicable, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZES: There are five (5) prizes available. Each prize consists of one (1) 7-Eleven Gift Card in the amount of $550, which enables the winner to purchase one (1) average-priced, medium-sized Slurpee per day for one (1) year. Cumulative Value of All Prizes: $2,750.
Gift Cards are subject to separate terms, as indicated on the back of the gift card. Slurpee prices may vary by store. Winner can use the Gift Card at his or her discretion; winner is not required to purchase only Slurpees. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sweepstakes Entities. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one (1) prize per Household. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses, associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant (including each winner or the parent or legal guardian if a Minor) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. Each Entrant (including each winner or the parent or legal guardian if a Minor) agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities, Warner Bros., Legendary, and each of their respective franchisees, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, production partners, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a prize. If requested and if permitted by law, each Entrant (including each winner or the parent or legal guardian if a Minor) agrees to authorize the Sponsor and their respective designees to use his/her Submission, name, likeness, photo, social media profile/handle, biographical data, city and state of residence in advertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winners’ list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or publicity materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including participation in any activity related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. The failure of Released Parties to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY AWARD AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND 3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. INDEMNITY: Winner (and, in the case of a Minor, his or her parent or legal guardian on his/her behalf) shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, participation in, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
9. SUBMISSION REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each Entrant (and, in the case of a Minor, such Minor winner’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is the entrant’s own original work; and (ii) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each Entrant (and, in the case of a Minor, such Minor winner’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
10. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant (and, in the case of a Minor, such Minor’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) into the Sweepstakes hereby irrevocably grants to Sponsor, its designees, affiliates, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display the Submission in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol in perpetuity and throughout the universe for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes and other promotions. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein.
11. GOVERNING LAW: These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without regard to Texas conflict of law provisions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in Collin County, Texas for all disputes arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes. Any legal actions against Sponsor must be commenced within two year(s) after the claim arose. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be settled by binding arbitration before JAMS, Inc. and in accordance with the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. Each party shall be responsible for its costs incurred in such arbitration, but if Entrant cannot afford to pay for the arbitration Entrant agrees to provide us the option of paying the arbitrator before seeking to initiate any other form of dispute resolution, including litigation. The arbitration will be conducted in Dallas County, Texas, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. The award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon the parties without appeal or review. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor may immediately seek any interim or preliminary injunctive relief from any court of competent jurisdiction, as necessary to protect its rights or property (including intellectual property rights).
13. WINNERS: To obtain the names of the winners, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "Creative Zing /Mystery Slurpee Winners” 2265 Lee Road, Suite 229, Winter Park, FL 32789. Requests must be received no later than May 31, 2019.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Legend Pictures, LLC. and each of their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
©2019 7-Eleven, Inc. All rights reserved. “7-Eleven” and “Slurpee” are registered trademarks of 7- Eleven, Inc.
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu
© 2019 Legendary and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2019 Pokémon.