Privacy Notice for 7-Eleven, Inc.
Table of Contents
Last Updated: June 1st, 2022
This Privacy Notice describes how 7-Eleven Inc. (“7-Eleven,” “we,” or “us”) collects, uses, and discloses personal information:
- during the employment application and recruitment process; and
- about its current, and former employees, officers, directors, and contractors (“you” or “Employees”)
Personal Information means information that reasonably identifies the individual or can reasonably be associated with the individual.
Please note, many 7-Eleven stores are owned and operated by independent franchisees. This Privacy Notice does not apply to our franchisees or to websites or mobile apps they operate.
This Privacy Notice applies to 7-Eleven’s activities within the United States and Canada. If you are interacting with us in a country outside the United States or Canada, please consult the privacy notice applicable to your jurisdiction.
Applicants and Employees who provide information, including their Personal Information, as part of the recruitment process, accepting an offer of employment from SEI or otherwise engaging with SEI, are consenting to the collection, use, transfer, disclosure, and processing of their Personal Information as detailed in this Privacy Notice, as may be amended.
As part of employment or engagement with SEI, and the related application and recruiting process, SEI collects certain information from and about applicants and Employees. Some of this information may be considered Personal Information. This Notice outlines the Personal Information that may be collected by SEI, and how it may be used, shared, and disclosed.
- Personal Information SEI Processes May Include:
- Basic contact Information, such as: name, address and contact details, date of birth, gender and marital status.
- Other identifiers or information that may identify or describe you, such as unique identification numbers, internet protocol addresses, account name(s) or handle(s), social security number or social insurance number, driver’s license or other government-issued ID number(s); permanent account numbers (PANs); user names and passwords; signature(s); bank account information or other financial information.
- Professional or Employment-related and Education Information, such as:
- Employee Management and Talent Management Information: Data contained in CVs or resumes, a cover letter or other correspondence submitted with employment application; information related to one’s qualifications, skills, education, experience and employment history; notes taken during interviews; letters of recommendation ; information in background and/or credit screenings; existence of any disability or other grounds for which SEI need to make reasonable accommodations, and authorization to work information; professional certifications; language capabilities; start date, orientation date(s), title/position, grade, department/organization, and region/location; date of hire, date of resignation or termination, and other information relating to hiring or termination; promotions and related information; training records; performance appraisals; disciplinary and grievance procedures; and information collected for verifying your right to work.
- Compensation, Benefits, and Payroll Information, such as current and expected salary, incentives and award history; work time and payroll records; pensions, investment accounts, insurance (including both employer-provided and other insurance) and other benefits information (which may include information about eligible dependents or beneficiaries); and details of income tax filed in preceding years and remuneration.
- Health and Safety Information: As permitted or required by law, SEI may collect information relating to workplace health and safety, including information about Employees’ health or medical conditions, treatment, or diagnosis.
- Any other information SEI collects in connection with complying with or acting pursuant to SEI policies, EEOC or other reporting, law, governmental requests (including law enforcement requests), or prudent business practices.
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity Information, including, but not limited to, information collected as part of your interaction with SEI’s IT systems; electronic content produced, received, stored or transmitted by you or others using SEI IT systems (including documents, emails, chats, phone calls, voicemails and other electronic communications); information relating to your accounts on SEI IT systems, websites, or apps (including accounts, profiles, rights and privileges, activity, preferences, browsing history, search history, or other such information).
- Characteristics of protected classifications that SEI may collect as permitted or as required by law.
2. Personal Information May be Collected in Various Ways, Including:
- From applicants and Employees directly.
- From third parties, including identity verification services, credit bureaus and publicly available sources. SEI may also collect Personal Information about the applicant, Employee, consultant, or contractor from third parties, such as the references supplied by the applicant or Employee or supplied by former employers or external recruiters.
- SEI and the third-party service providers use technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on a hard drive or in device memory.
3. Information Usage and Sharing:
SEI collects and uses your information for a variety of employment, business, and commercial purposes, including but not limited to:
- Processing the applicant’s job application when applying for a job.
- Staffing and workforce management, such as onboarding, training, development, scheduling and shift planning, travel and vacation planning, accommodation, performance management, and managing disciplinary matters.
- Compensation management, including payroll processing, managing workplace attendance, and managing awards, bonuses, benefits, or the like.
- Providing employment-related benefits, including stock options, bonuses or incentives, healthcare benefits, insurance plans, pensions or investment plans.
- Performing day to day business activities and providing services, including providing products and services to customers, product or service development, budgeting and financial reporting, recordkeeping, and auditing.
- Reporting and analytics to manage our workforce, carry out business operations, gather information about Employees, and understand or improve business operations.
- Providing workplace or occupational health plans, and otherwise managing or promoting the health and safety of our workplace, Employees, or the public.
- Providing Employees with IT networks and systems in connection with their jobs; monitoring and protecting our networks, communications, systems, offices, facilities, and infrastructure; detecting security incidents; protecting against harmful or illegal activity.
- Communicating with applicants and Employees and conducting surveys.
- Carrying out SEI obligations and exercising specific rights in relation to employment or engagement.
SEI may also collect, use, process, and disclose Personal Information to comply with SEI’s legal obligations or SEI policies; to establish, exercise, assert, or defend against legal claims; to respond to inquiries from Employees or others made on their behalf; to respond to requests from governmental authorities, such as courts or law enforcement agencies; or for any other purposes listed in this Notice.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Information
SEI may share or disclose applicant and Employee information, including Personal Information, for any purpose that is contemplated in this Privacy Notice. Generally, Personal Information may be shared with or disclosed to the following categories of recipients:
- With 7-Eleven group entities and current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who help with our business operations, such as recruitment, employment, payroll and payment processing, email distribution, statistics and research, legal and compliance services.
- With law enforcement, governmental agencies or third parties to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and/or SEI policies, to respond to a subpoena, or otherwise pursuant to legal process or in response to a request or inquiry from a governmental authority. SEI may also disclose applicant and Employee Personal Information to establish or exercise our legal rights, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety, health, or well-being of any person, our workplace, or the general public;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With consent of the applicant or Employee or at an Employee’s direction.
5. SEI is Based in the United States
SEI may process and store information (including Personal Information) in the U.S. and other countries outside the applicant’s or Employee’s country of residence. While such information is outside of your country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
6. Notice of Monitoring of SEI Systems
Employees may be provided with access to information technology systems, networks, and/or applications owned or operated by SEI (the “Systems”). The Systems are the sole and exclusive property of SEI, and SEI may monitor, record, and/or examine your use of these Systems, including activity you conduct while using the Systems. Accordingly, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy in connection with your use of SEI Systems. Employees should structure electronic communications that are made using SEI Systems – including emails, phone calls, chats, etc. – in recognition of the fact SEI will from time to time examine the content of such communications. This includes emails, voicemails, and any other electronic communications sent, received, transmitted, or stored through SEI Systems.
7. Additional information:
Any questions, inquiries, comments or concerns about this Notice or regarding Personal Information under applicable privacy laws, should be directed to the Chief Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com.
The Privacy Notice may be updated as deemed necessary by SEI. SEI will post the updated version of the Privacy Notice on this webpage. Applicants and Employees are encouraged to check this Notice regularly to be aware of any updates or changes.